Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another long silence

Apologies for the long delay in posting, things have been a bit frantic lately. In the last 3 weeks I have been to an IBM Partner Conference in Surfers Paradise (it rained), 2 days of training on the Juniper DX Application Acceleration box (very cool), the Symantec Vision 2007 Conference (where I met many former colleagues from previous jobs) and 2 days of training on the Hitachi Content Archiving Platform (which you need to look at if you the least bit interested in content archiving and compliance). I must have seen thousands of PowerPoint slides, and I've eaten far too much, they do cater these things well. Real work has been fitted around all this education/networking/whatever, which means sorting through a backlog of emails every evening - somethings just cannot be dealt with using a Blackberry.

Tomorrow I have the Red Hat Virtualization briefing, and a long, long meeting with a customer who wants to talk about security. And it is my 21st wedding anniversary. So I am taking Friday off, to celebrate, and I will try to catch up. There are a few things I want to blog about, including, but not limited to: VMware, Personal Brain, knitting, and why so many people on the internet cannot differentiate between the words "troll" and "trawl".

Until later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, your silences are golden, because your return are wonderfully anticipated.
Happy Anniversary.

I have read through Litter Sorters again. And finally invested in registering EagleFiler. I would be very interested in a follow-up article on how you are managing to use EagleFiler, and if anything has changed from your original thoughts in Litter Sorter 1.

Cheers from Canada
Geoffrey Cooper

PS: anonymous eh! Didn't have the time to register with Google. Bye for now.

Addthis

Bookmark and Share